Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cowboy Bar and Skeet Shooting!

This weekend has been a blast!! Yesterday the 6 woman (5 married woman and myself) drove up to Jackson and took a half day fishing float trip on the Snake River. It was about an 10 mile trip and we saw moose (right on the side and in the water). I caught 3 fishing on floating wet flies and had a great time. The scenery was different from the Salt River that Justine and I fished a month ago, however we went with the same float company and had the same guides which was fun!!

We took out around 7pm and headed back to Jackson for dinner. Had a great meal at the "Siver Dollar Grill" and I tried, buffalo, seared elk, and venison. We all ordered cosmopolitans and ended up next door where they had a Country Western Band and dancing! The 6 of us stormed in and a few of the "married girls" came out of their shells and got pretty wild!! I just sat back and laughed, and Justine got asked to dance almost every dance!! We were wearing our cowboy hats and jeans and having a great ol time!!
We preceded to the famous "Cowboy Bar" in on Mainstreet Jackson Hole where the 2 long bars have real saddles for bar seats!! There was a great band playing there, as well as 8 pooltables. We bellied up to the bar, ordered our beers, and spent the next 3 hours dancing with cowboys and playing pool!! Didn't get home until after 4am when we crashed without unloading the car. Justine was the designated driver of course, and for the most part she and I were drinking water all night! However, the other married gals really let loose and had a great time! They all play roller hockey together each week, and have been friends for years. It was a fun evening and all enjoyed to the max!!

This afternoon John, Justine's husband, set up for skeet shooting and we spent a few hours learning the sport on their property! Wow, how much fun that was!! I had a few rough rounds, however when the pressure was on I finally hit my last clay pigeon and everyone cheered!! Justine hit 3 and another woman hit 4 total so she was the grand prize winner. I kept my bullet shell casing for my trophy!!

Right now we are making homemade bread, Tomatoe bisque soup from scratch, and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. The weather is cool and this is going to taste soooo good. Justine and two of the friends are out on a sunset ride, and plan to be back around 7pm. I stayed home to catch up on my laundry and lesson planning! Everyone flys out tomorrow afternoon from Salt Lake City, so it will be real quiet around here. Hope all is going well with all of my---family and friends. Just one more thinig...who would have thot that on a ranch in Idaho one can: skeet shoot, motor cross ride, horsebackride, fly fish, hike, mountain bike ride, hunt, archery, harvest potatoes, learn to quilt, view elk, moose and dear, and the list goes on and on...... I have been nonstop and with my teaching not a minute to spare! This is a great vacation spot that is for sure!!

xo Michelle

1 comment:

Rojovak said...

All I can say is WoW!