Thursday, October 16, 2008

Full House

Greetings!

Well, we are now 15 at the ranch with lots of activities going on. Today, we "girls" were treated to a 3 hour ride on the 5 square mile property! Justine and another horse owner in the area were our guides. We saddled up and saw some amazing scenery. I have never ridden on a horse over such steep hills, valleys, creeks, and snow covered paths through the aspen trees. It was thrilling and we all made it back unharmed!! My horse, Batman, is a quarterhorse and trotted quite a bit so my behind is a bit sore. Other then that, I feel fine:-)

The kids were treated today with a fly tieing class by a private teacher here in the valley. They learned to make their own flies for all the fishing they do on these rivers. Zach, age 21, works in Jackson at Paul Dennis which is the biggest fishing outfit in town. He does this for a living and has quite a good business going for him. The kids were patient and spent about 3 hours learning how to tie all sorts of flies. Tomorrow we are taking another float trip down the Snake River, so we can try them out:-)

I feel so blessed to have pursued this opportunity with the Makoff family. I love the teaching situation, and at the same time am learning all sorts of new sports and experiencing a different way of life. This is just the beginning, and I am enjoying each and every minute of this incredible adventure:-)

nighty night! michelle <3

2 comments:

shan said...

Luvey...not even a sore "bum"!!!??? after all that riding!! Start getting your arms in shape!! Surfing is next!!
Wish I was there...:)

Rojovak said...

I am so jealous!!!!